Saturday, September 18, 2010

One More Step

So the other day, I was on the phone with a friend, when I noticed that our Social Worker was walking up our porch steps. "Oh, wait. I see Isaac. Can I call you back?" "Of course! Call me back and let me know what he says." I was so excited. We had made our $$$huge amount processing fee, and the agency had already taken it out of our checking account, so I was very hopeful. Unfortunately, this visit had nothing to do with our baby, and everything to do with our son and the church program, Duty to God. That's okay, I told myself. As he was leaving, I mentioned that we made the processing fee, and he said "Yes. And now it only has to go by one other person on the committee." After that, our profile will be shown to birth mothers. I am excited, nervous, and scared all at the same time. But mostly, I am just anxiously waiting to hear, "So we have this birth mother....."

No comments:

Post a Comment