Thursday, June 24, 2010

Still, still waiting

Sigh...... Still waiting. So what do I do to keep my mind from going to this adoption 24-7? I go to the movies with my kids. I do laundry, although not nearly as often as I should. I hang out with friends and family. I watch TV. I cook. But it's still there in the back of my mind. When will we find our baby? When? I honestly don't know. I do know that life goes on. Things need to get done, laundry needs to be washed, kids need to be fed, and bathrooms need to be cleaned.

I had the opportunity to talk with the mom of one of my daughter's friends, and we spent about an hour just visiting about families and adoption. She mentioned that families usually adopt more than one child. Is that true? I'm not exactly sure. Although I was able to mention two of my besties who are adopted, who were the only ones adopted in their families. Now, having said that, I knew several more who adopted more than one. So, the question is, are we going to be done with just the one? Or is there going to be another baby coming in to our family? I have a hunch, but I'm not going to say either way, because I don't want to focus on that now. I want to focus on my 3 kids at home, and pray for our baby who is coming and most especially pray for his birth mother. I can't tell the future any more than the average person, so I'm going to live in the present, and take care of the things that are right in front of me. Sigh...... I hate waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment